What do I need for a tax return?

Income Documents

  • PAYG Payment Summaries (Group Certificates)
  • Bank Interest Details
  • Payment Summaries from Centrelink
  • Payment Summaries from Superannuation where withdrawn
  • Dividends Statements
  • Share Transaction Statements
  • Partnership & Trust Distributions
  • Managed Fund Statements
  • Capital Gains Details – Investment Property Sales, etc
  • Foreign Sourced Income and Pensions
  • Sole Trader (ABN) Income Details
  • Investment Property Income Details

Deductable Expenses

  • Motor Vehicle Expenses
  • Travel Expenses
  • Compulsory Uniform, Protective Clothing, Occupation Specific Clothing, Dry Cleaning
  • Self-Education Expenses
  • Other Work Related Expenses
  • Asset Purchase Details – Computer, Tools, Equipment, etc
  • Investment Related Expenses
  • Donations to Charity Organisations
  • Cost of Tax Affairs
  • Income Protection Insurance Premiums (Not from Superannuation)
  • Superannuation Deduction Contribution


  • Private Health Insurance Statement (Only Aus citizen or Permanent Visa Holder)

You do not need all and we are often able to obtain your income information and private health insurance statement from ATO.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.