Generally speaking yes. If you are an Australian or a permanent visa holder and Australian resident for taxation purpose, you have to declare worldwide income. For example,
- Foreign pensions and annuities
- Foreign employment income
- Foreign rental property income
- Foreign investment income
- Foreign business income
- Capital gains on overseas assets
If you have paid foreign tax in another country, you may be entitled to an Australian foreign income tax offset to avoid double taxation.
Temporary visa holders such as 457 visa holders and student visa holders have many exceptions.