Can I lodge my tax return if I receive my wage by cash?

Regardless of any reasons, you are required to lodge your tax return or at least non-lodgement advise every year.

Where you receive your wage by cash in hand and your employer does not treat it as wage as well as you do not declare as your income, it is a illegal work activity. As your employer does not record you worked, you have nothing to declare. However, this is subject to ATO Black Economy Provision and you breach the declaration of income.


Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.