Do I need to lodge a tax return?

If you have a tax file number, you have to lodge something every year. If you are not required to lodge, you still need to lodge a non-lodgement advice.

You have to a tax return if you are an Australian resident for taxation purpose and are an Australian, Permanent visa holer, 457 visa holder, student visaholder and:

  • Your taxable income is more than $18,200.
  • Tax is withheld from your income regardless of your income
  • You earned at least $1 by your ABN
  • You have PAYG income tax instalment
  • You have franked dividend
  • You have distribution from a managed fund, trust or partnership

There are other 14 cases where you are required to lodge a tax return.

You need to lodge at least non-lodgement advice to ATO even if you are not requred to lodge a tax return.



Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.